- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the Internet, then open the Google Maps app.
- Sign into your Google Account if you haven’t already.
- Search for a place, like “san francisco.”
- Type“OK Maps”, and touch Save map to use offline to save the selected area of the map.
- Only what’s on the screen will be saved. Adjust the map by moving it and zooming in or out, as needed, then touch Save.
- Name the map, and then touch Save.
- After a few moments, you’ll see a message confirming that the map area has been saved.
Note: The maximum size for the area you can download is 50km x 50km. If you try to save an area bigger than that, you’ll be asked to zoom in to a smaller area.
If you’re already on a map that you want to save, you can save it without searching for a place.
- Move the map to the area you want to save.
- Touch inside the search box at the top, and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Touch Save map to use offline.
To see your saved offline maps:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Touch the side menu > Your places.
- Scroll down to “Offline maps” and touch View all and manage.